Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Kansas City Real Estate Market

The Kansas City Real Estate Market
Every time I run into someone and we start talking I say, "I am in the Real Estate business", and they inevitably say, "Oh, I am sorry, your business must be very slow right now." This is inherantly and statistically untrue of not only my business, but more importantly the market as a whole. The numbers are good, the houses are selling and the NEW construction according to the HBA is selling quicker than analyst expected. I believe that 2007 is going to be a HUGE year metro wide. There are more and more buyers out shopping especially because they have the misconception that there are great deals to be made. This is wonderful for the business, kind of like an auction......Auctions are so successful because the perception of a deal, however most properties sell for real close to the actual market value at an auction. This is keeping the motivations high for all the listings in the city. There are deals to be made, and YES now is the best time to buy! NOW is always the best time to buy.....Prices are inevitably going up.